Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights Fix
One of the most hated errors to get is the Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights error. Don’t trip though. I’ll give you the Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights fix right here in this article. I’ll even go through how to diagnose the error code and problem yourself. Hang on tight and keep reading this Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights Fix article.
To skip ahead to the Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights fix, I highly recommend you check out this Xbox Repair Guide.
What is the Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights
When the Q1, Q3, and Q4 lights are flashing red you have the Red Ring Of Death. This is the top left, and both bottom lights that are flashing red. It means that there is a general hardware failure. Not very specific, right? Well, follow these steps below to diagnose the specific problem.
First let’s see if you can get rid of the Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights by simply unplugging and replugging things in.
Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights Fix – Step A
- Turn your Xbox 360 console off
- Unplug the power cord from the wall
- Unplug all connections. The power supply from the power cord, the cord from the Xbox. All controllers
- Reconnect everything one by one and make sure the plugs fit snugly
- Turn everything back on and see if it works.
If that works, then great! You can get back to playing. If not, continue on to Step B.
Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights – Step B
- Repeat all the steps in Step A and turn everything off
- Open up your Xbox 360 console and remove the hard drive
- Start the Xbox 360 without the hard drive and see if it turns on
- If you don’t get the Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights, then turn if back off
- Then put the hard drive back in and turn it back on
If that works then it simply was a problem with your hard drive connection. If not, continue to Step C to see what exactly the problem is.
Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights – Step C
How to Obtain the Error Code to see why you are getting the Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights
- Turn the Xbox 360 on and wait until you see the Xbox 360 3 Flashing Red Lights
- Press and hold down the small white sync button next to your memory card slot. Then press the eject button.
- Now you will see the LED blink the first number in the code. There will be a set of 4 numbers, in other words, one code has 4 digits (XXXX). Write this number down.
All Four Red Lights Flashing = number 0
1 Red Light Flashing = number 1
2 Red Lights Flashing = number 2
3 Red Lights Flashing = number 3
- Now release the eject button. Press the eject button while still holding down the small white sync button. This will give you the second digit in the code.
- Repeat these steps until you fill out the 4 digits in the code (XXXX).
- The last step will go back to the 3 red flashing lights.
Here is what the codes mean:
An issue with the power supply
Codes: 0001, 0002
0010, 0011, 0012, 0013
Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Error or Overheating
Memory Error or an Overheating Memory Problem
Hard Drive Error with the hard drive, connections, or problem with EPROM
AV Cable Error
Having Problems with your Xbox 360? Do you want to get back to playing games Within 45 minutes?
If your answer to the above question is yes, then I strongly recommend that you check out The 3 Red Light Fix: Xbox Repair Guide.
This regularly updated, essential guide includes all fixes to your Xbox 360 such as RROD, RLOD, E74 Error, Graphics Errors, Freezing, Overheating and has a video library and so much more. Click here to go check it out now!